I create unique pieces of hand crafted furniture
designed to meet the needs and desires of my clients.
I take pride in knowing that every part of a completed piece has been given my absolute consideration and attention to detail ensuring the highest standards of making.
As I hope you will see I enjoy making flowing curves that produce subtle highlights and shapes that encourage tactile interaction.
- May 2015 Inspired - The Goldsmiths Centre London
- January 2014 Society of Designer Craftsmen exhition - The Mall Galleries London
- August 2014 Celebration of Craftsmanship and Design - Cheletenham, Gloucestershire
- February & March 2013 21st Century IV - The Millinery Works Gallery - Islington
- May 2013 Palace Arts Fair - Fulham Palace
- December 2012 Made By Hand - Tredegar House, Newport, Wales
- September 2012 Top Drawer - London Olympia (Kensington)
- August 2012 Celebration of Craftsmanship and Design - Cheletenham, Gloucestershire
- May 2012 Living Crafts - Hatfield House, Herts
- December 2011 Made By Hand - Tredegar House, Newport, Wales
- August 2011 Celebration of Craftsmanship and Design - Cheletenham, Gloucestershire
- June 2011 Contemporary Craft Festival - Bovey Tracey, Devon
- February 2013 Furniture & Cabinetmaking Magazine '20 minutes with' interview
- May/June 2012 Craft & Design Magazine page 29, Emerging Designer/Makers award
- August/Sept 2011 British Woodworking Magazine page 28/29, 'Helios' table.
- June 2010 Ben Rawlinson Bespoke Furniture established
- Sep 2009 - May 2010 Making for David Savage
- Sep 2008 - Aug 2009 12 month fine furniture making course, Rowden Farm, Devon
- Jan 2002 - July 2008 Teacher of Design Technology, A-level Product design
- Sep 1999 - July 2000 Teaching Cad animation Amersham and Wycombe FE college
- Sep 1996 - June 1999 BA (hons)3D Design, BCUC (now Buckinghamshire New University)